Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Realizations

I was just sitting there. Doing nothing. Didn't had much to do. Just sitting there thinking about stuff. Nothing in particular. I just like letting my mind wonder.
Then I realized my own breath. I heard it. My breathing was normal and I could hear it. I could feel the air rushing in and my chest expanding. I could feel my own blood being fed. The air coming out and myself becoming relaxed. And then the whole thing would start again.
I felt my heart beating against me. In prefect sync with my breaths. Blood flowing in and flowing out. Just a piece of tissue; keeping me alive. Feeding my own blood to my own body.
In this state of bliss I looked up. In the heavens high above stars shine bright. And I knew I would rather be somewhere else. Somewhere other than here. I knew I wasn't the only one. Others were hoping too. Looking up to the skies.
It made me feel connected. Connected to things I don't even know of. Connected to everything. And all that made me feel small. Insignificant. It made me realize how selfish we are. How immoral we can be. It made me realize how vulnerable I truly am.
And then I knew. I knew I was part of something. A sense of belonging took hold of me. Not to this house I call home. Not to these people I call family. I knew I belonged somewhere. To my true home. This rocky planet. To my true family. To Humankind.
And I knew my life would never be the same again.

3 comments:

Aryj said...

how....heroic...

feels like a passage from a superhero story...! really like the way you can wrap your words around you thoughts... :)

moyameehaa said...

duh, i thot i already commented on this. maybe it dint go. so here i go again...nice piece...seriously this one is good. today (that day) i read a passage (in the exam..)similar to that.what a coincidence...anyway i came home an googled...and found it was bertrand russel...and i already had that piece with me... which i bought a week earlier...

here is the link... http://is.gd/s4hP


and u knw..in some self help spirituality kinda book i read about this weird idea..the guy says that the whole world have a limited quantity of energy and matter... which are reycled again and again. iron in our body, he says, could have been in an iron ore in afghanistan millions of years ago..yeah stupid new age spiritual stuff.still it was an interesting one.

anyway.. wtf happened to you. it takes a disaster for people to realise how weak we are and how connected we are (or smoking pot). last time i felt it among people was during the tsunami.

Khilath Rasheed - journalist and blogger from Maldives said...

Maybe you just reached a state Buddha would call Nirvana. Seriously, dude.