Friday, October 18, 2013

Ramblings

  I remember the time I took a nosedive into a heated cup of tea. I didn't drown. Maybe I did. I don't remember it all that clearly. It's all a haze, lost in a fog. I know. I should. I was there after all. Until I wasn't. I melted away. Fumes of my thoughts rose into the air in thick wisps. I entered some clear-headed nobody's nostril. I became him. Or rather he became me. I do not know. Maybe we just fused into one.
  Something like that ought to change oneself. Even for a few minutes till the effects of the world around wore off. And then the real monsters would latch on. Who knows what they will do, how long can they be kept at bay.
  Self was gone and what remained could only be described as a cold breeze on a damp day.
  Gone.
  But I came back.
  When I came to, I was lying in pool of things I could only imagine. Everything was gone. My tea was gone. Somebody must have drunk it. I felt a thirst taking hold. I got up. The room was closing in on me. The walls I have trusted was moving in. Crushing me. "This can't be real!" I told myself. Can it? There was music. A song I never heard before was playing slowly and pulling me in. I was still not all there. I noticed the patterns on the curtains. They have always been there. But I didn't notice them. Wonder why. I moved slowly towards them. Seemed like they went on forever.
  I laughed. What a curious galaxy I live in.

 There was a knock on the door. The music stopped. The patterns stopped moving on into infinity. The room was quiet. I was going crazy.
  There it was again. The knock."Who is it?" I whispered. I ducked under the table. They can't get to me here. I'll disappear. Into the void.
  I'll let go and the music will surely begin again.

No comments: