Friday, February 20, 2009

Speck of light

I am just a star in your sky
Watching over you as you cry
To all your words I will reply
For all your commands I will comply

A lonely little speck of light
Unnoticed in the blackness of night
Insignificant against the moon so bright
Rarely caught in a telescopic sight

Sorted into a constellation
Of stars floating in an ocean
A trivial god of a far off civilization
Just longing for some recognition

Waiting shyly so far away
Wishing you were mine everyday
Drifting so slowly in the Milky way
Hoping you will meet me halfway

Flying to a far away black hole
With all my love and my soul
Crying for you to take control
Converge with my core and make me whole

5 comments:

Binoculars said...

its very beautiful but for some reason, it s sad...

Anonymous said...

I don't normally say this but I am speaking the truth: this is the most beautiful poem I have EVER read. Ever since Richard Dawkins wondered how Beethoven might have composed a symphony on the "melody of the Universe" I've wondered how words can be weaved to give a scientific yet thought-provoking and beautiful poem. And my friend, you just did it! Congrats! I will keep coming for more. Thanks for sharing this poem with the rest of the world. I know a lot of people who are thirsty for writings like this and you just uplifted our spirits.

Khilath Rasheed - journalist and blogger from Maldives said...

This is really something amazing. I've read it over and over again. In fact, this might compete for the top spot in my all-time favorite written pieces (the other one being Shaukath's "A Midnight's Awakening" which can be found at this link: http://hilath-rasheed.blogspot.com/2009/01/midnights-awakening.html)

If you don't mind, I am going to save this poem, or better, print it out and hang it on my wall so that it will continue to be a daily source of inspiration for me.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate that you shared it with the rest of us.

shootingstar said...

wow!! its universe!!! i love this!!!

Aryj said...

beautiful....

one of the best i have read so far in the maldivian blogosphere... :) u got talent dude!!

*claps*