Friday, February 17, 2012

Double edged blade

Why have you forsaken me
with this double edged blade
do you think you could set me free
while you burn yourself with hate

Do you really think that your blood smell of peace
and your fires really burn with flames of hope
but know some won't forgive 'till you cease
for they have had enough to cope

we are of brutes, of tyrants, of ignorant fools
who will they follow to the end of the road
be willing, unknowing, to be used as tools
unbeknownst trampling the seeds they sowed

why have you forsaken me
on the crossroads of cruel fate
do you think I could not see
that you would just fade

Do you think your truths comfort me
while I know truths are made up of lies
or your loud songs of what is to be
can silence a real man's cries

we are with threats, with terror, with conniving madmen
who will they lead with all their false vows
be willing, knowingly, to lead to the glen
and all their emotions treacherously arouse







No comments: